Free File Unlocker V3.0.5
Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, 2003 and XP. Including both 32-bit and 64-bit versions
Delete currently used, locked, undeletable, busy files.
Unlock files or folders used by other programs in order to bypass the error messages when trying to delete, move and rename them.
Terminate malware, viruses and trojans that are difficult to be killed and removed.
Free File Unlocker is an essential freeware to delete currently used, locked, undeletable, busy files that works with all 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows and Windows Server.
It unlocks files or folders and stops the following error messages from appearing when trying to delete, move and rename files that are in use by other programmes
- Cannot delete folder: It is being used by another person or program
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- The file is in use by another program or user
- There has been a sharing violation
- The source or destination file may be in use
- Cannot read from the source file or disk
In case the locked file is a process module (dll etc.) it does unload it and unlocks the file.
In case a delete, rename or move action does not succeed it is scheduled for the next Windows Reboot.
It is fully integrated with Windows Explorer and a simple right mouse click unlocks the file or folder.
Additional information about the processes locking the file is also shown and the processes or file handle can be killed and deleted.
Free File Unlocker can also be executed from the command line and has the ability to provide locked file input lists, copy destination lists, move destination lists and rename lists.
A portable version is also available.
Show your appreciation for the application and support future development by donating!